Monday, October 29, 2012

FIRE!!

at 1:30 am friday morning, i was abruptly woken by someone screaming "FIRE!" and the sound of glass shattering. i looked out my third story window to see a yellow glow below me. i grabbed my phone and laptop and ran out. on my way downstairs, i woke up my neighbors and called 911. from the bottom, i could see that the patio of the unit below mine was engulfed. neighbors were trying to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher from below to no avail. i remember trembling, looking up and saying goodbye to my little abode. i thought it was toast.
corona condo fire.firefighter.
a brave neighbor scaled the balconies to the second story home. he broke the window to alert the residents, but no one was home. he was able to contain the flames with a fire extinguisher just before the fire department arrived. the firefighters continued to put out the fire and searched my unit for damage. luckily, no one was hurt and my unit only suffered minor smoke damage. (i kinda like the smell of campfire anyway.)
corona fire engine
firefighter
come to find out, the resident had left around 7 pm and the fire was started from a smoldering cigarette. dumbass.

6 comments:

Fiona said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad you're ok!! Well done for acting so quickly - I'm really glad there wasn't much damage to your lovely place! x

chantilly said...

oh my goodness, how scary!! i'm glad you're okay. xx

ShyScout said...

Oh my goodness! I am so glad you and your home is alright. I would not want those people (who left the lit cigarette) as my neighbors. Yikes.

Sammyzee said...

so glad you're ok..still shoulda gotten a firemans number, you know just to say thank you. lol. jk!

THE-LOUDMOUTH said...

Wow, this is crazy! What an idiot neighbor! I'm glad everyone was okay!

Arielle-HumblePieVintage said...

Glad everything turned out okay!