Sunday, November 25, 2012

i'm emotional.

i really allow myself to feel.
i don't even have to dig deep.
it's just there.
an instinctual response to life.
i feel joy in my bones.
or pain. disappointment. sorrow.
and i express these emotions publicly.
when i'm happy, i laugh. loud.
when i'm sad, i cry. a lot.
i think this scares others.
or at least makes them uncomfortable.

but i appreciate the people who get me.
they're in touch with themselves.
and they're in touch with me.
people like my mom. like larissa.
i feel known with them.
i feel understood and accepted.

3 comments:

Chloee said...

<3 beautiful xx

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

Beautiful! I can really relate to this!

Jessica said...

Oh, a poet! I feel connected to other poets, though i haven't written any poetry in a long time. Much of what I've written came from harder times in my life. -Jessica L